- 2 slices of bread
- Butter, softened
- Cheese slices (e.g. Sheep Cheese in EVOO or Blue Cheese and Truffle Cream)
- Jam or fruit preserves (options include strawberry, raspberry, or apricot)
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice of bread, butter side down, on the heated skillet or griddle.
- Layer cheese slices on top of the bread in the skillet.
- Spread a generous amount of jam or fruit preserves on top of the cheese.
- Place the second slice of bread, butter side up, on top of the jam.
- Cook the sandwich for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the bread turns golden brown and the cheese melts. You can use a spatula to press the sandwich down slightly while cooking.
- Once both sides are nicely grilled and the cheese is melted, remove the sandwich from the skillet.
- Allow the sandwich to cool for a minute or two, then cut it in half or into smaller pieces if desired.
- Serve your Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Jam while it's still warm and enjoy!
Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese and jams to find your favorite combination. Enjoy your delicious and sweet-savory Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Jam!